Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbox copied parts regressing during upgrade to 2011. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEnd

Mechanical
Feb 6, 2004
US
I just upgraded from 2009 SP5.1 to 2010 SP5.0 and then from 2010 SP5.0 to 2011 SP5.0. Everything looked OK in 2010. The conversion to 2011 did not go as well.

We use the "Create Parts" option for the toolbox where a part is created for each fastener, as opposed to using a configuration in the master file.

In 2011 converted assemblies, some but not all of our fasteners are being replaced by new ones that are being generated from the toolbox.

This seems similar to thread559-292953. Has anyone else suffered similar experiences?

Eric

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try going to
Tools
Options
Hole Wizard/Toolbox
and uncheck "Make this folder the default search location fo Toolbox components"

It seems to re-heck this box everytime I do software or service pack upgrade.

Yup - just did the SP5 upgrade and had the same issue. That is a PITA.I have had that happen before and it usually takes me a bit of noodle scratching before I remember that litlle tid bit.Funny though I dont think it happened when I upgraded the last SP before 5.

SW 2011 SP 5.0 x64
16 Meg, Quadro 4000
DUAL DISPLAY
Windows 7 PRO x64

Clearing that checkbox looks promising. Unfortunately it looks like it has to be cleared before the files are updated to 2011. I've restored the 2010 version of the vault and am rerunning the conversion. Once it completes I will have a better idea if it is the full solution.

Thank you,
Eric

That did the trick. I tried to give you a star a couple of times, but it is not showing up. Thank you very much.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back