Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toolbox error "toolbox part filesis being modified" but it's not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I've been trying to use toolbox sw09 sp4, but cant seem to get it working. I've been thru the configuration of it. but when I go to add a screw, it lets me select the size, then puts it into the list of parts on the left, then an error comes up "Error: The Toolbox partfile c:/solidworksdata\browser\ansiinch\bolts and screws\socket head cap screw_ai.sltprt" is currently being modified by another user. Please try again in a frew moments." I'm the only trying to work with it so noone is modifying it. Can anyone help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you changed the attributes of the TB files to Read-only? As well as changed the option in Toolbox configure to "always change read-only status when writing"?

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

1)the status of the toolbox files is read only.
2) in toolbox configure "always change read-only status when writing" is checked.

Sometimes applications / Windows lock a file and never unlock it, requiring a reboot to clear.

Eric

In my past life as an autocad user, when a session would crash, a file would be made that would prevent opening autocad after rebooting, that youd have to go find the file, and delete it before you could open autocad again. Does something like that happen with this windows file locking, because i did the reboot and I get the same thing. I've also noticed that the configuring that I did to my toolbox is gone also, which gives me all of the different versions of everything that I'll never use, like bearings, bushings, ISO, Din, Mil....

configured it again, saved the configuration. closed solidworks. opened solidworks. it said it wasnt configured. I configured it again, saved it. Closed sw, rebooted. opened sw. opened tbox & said it wasnt configured. I'm going home. aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg s

Have you checked that your file location in Tools¬Options¬(System Options)FileLocations¬(Drop Down)Design Libaray is pointing to the correct location?

I have had experance of this type of thing in a multi-user enviroment where all users were pointing to thier local c:/solidworks directory. Now the Design Libaray is located on a server and all users point to the same location on that server.

Mechcad8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back