Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolkit aplication for suppression of features 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pconnor

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2001
US
As everyone knows you can suppress all the features in a model and reduce the file size to a fraction of its original size. This coupled with zip makes it feasible to make very large models tiny, and easy to email or archive. What I am looking for is a toolkit ap that someone has written that will avoid having to go into each file manually. We would be will willing to pay for this ap. I'm a little surprised that PTC has not written this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear pconnor,
I have got exactly an application that you are referring to. This is a Pro/Web.Link application. Pro/Web.Link comes bundled with the 'Assembly' module at no extra cost from PTC.
This application suppresses all the features of all the parts that are present in any directory and saves them and purges all the parts. The application then itself zips all the precompressed files. To give you an idea of the amount of automation achieved, On just the click of a button, a folder of about 100 mb data will get zipped to somewhere around 15 mb in almost no time.
Please feel free to contact me if you need some clarification or further details.
Debanjan Bose
db@hitechesoft.com

We have absolutely no idea of the cost of Pro/Web.Link as an add on module. For more information regarding this you'll have to contact your local PTC people. Ours is an application which utilizes Pro/Web.Link for its functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back