Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

toolpath>lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamccrac

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2004
US
If the toolpath is locked, how is it that it becomes "nulled" (un-generated)? I see that Approve will allow it to post as a work around, but i still ask why? how can i find out what is causing my toolpaths to null out when i open my saved and generated projects? BTW, teamcenter is used...

PMc
CNC Programmer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Locking" the tool path does not prevent it from going out of date. I think they should have called this feature "Velcro" instead of Lock. Any change to the model will place the paths out of date. When you have linked components make sure the load options have Load Interpart Data active before opening the file. I usually set this to All Levels.

John Joyce
Tata Technologies
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

NX3,4,5,6 Solid Works, Pro/e, Solid Edge

To see what caused an operation status to change to regenerate, use MB3 --> Object --> Update list. This will show you what has changed to cause repost or regen, such as geometry, tool diameter, etc.

Please remember there are two things being mixed here - the operation edit status and the tool path status.
The OPERATION can be complete, approved, repost or regenerate.
The PATH can be locked, empty, generated, imported, or several other things.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Very good information related to Toolpath>Lock. Thanks John and Mark, I will examine this information further. :)

PMc
CNC Programmer

what i am seeing in one common instance is that all toolpaths are going "out of date" when a component of an assembly is modified and saved by Save All (the entire assembly). Toolpaths of other components within that assembly are nulled out as well, even though they were not changed, just re-saved by the Save All command. you see, the assembly is child of the .prt containing the toolpaths. Does that sound likely and is there a way to eliminate the toolpaths from going out of date since the geometry driving the toolpaths never changed, just re saved?

PMc
CNC Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back