Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tooth thickness 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalbat

Automotive
Sep 20, 2005
GB
I'm looking at some tooth thickness calculations to check some drawings of synchroniser rings. I know the actual tooth thickness (min and max) and I'm looking for the maximum effective thickness.

I know there are some charts to find it. Does anybody knows where I can find it?

I have an old book on involute splines that refers to the ANSI standard B92.1-1970. I didn't manage to find it on their web site (not even a new version).

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks everybody.

I'm doing my own programs and I think that's a good way to understand all the parameters of a gear design.

I was just struggling with the calculation of the maximum effective thickness. I have found a chart in Machineries Handbook but the result of the calculation does not match with any of the examples I already have (drawings).

I will ask ANSI for the standard.

Hey Gearguru that sure is a VERY INTERESTING web site to visit an even thou I have only browsed it very lightly it sure has many interesting different data on gears, been 30+ years on the trade and did not new about it.

Thanks for the very good info.

SACEM1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back