Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Top Border Bar in full screen mode in NX 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

almakuch

Automotive
Oct 31, 2009
US
Can we display the top boarder bar in full screen mode?....

I am experimenting with my custom built "menus", docked in the top border bar with the ribbon interface blind, retracted. In full screen mode in previous releases, we could have control of the area where the menus were. I can't seem to have full screen AND the top border bar on as well with my custom menus displayed as a thin strip. The jpg in the attachment area show my workspace in full screen mode. So to recap the question, can we display the top border bar in full screen mode?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=dfc508b4-4a37-4eaf-8e66-6cf334436d58&file=screenmode002.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Also, I have found that all 3 other border bars are displayed in full screen mode, just the top border bar is not. Strange......

Perhaps you'd be serve better by using the new (starting with NX 9.0) an alternative to full screen and that is something we call 'Minimize Ribbon'. Now this doesn't give you a totally 'full screen' but if does what you want. To enable this almost full screen mode, go to the upper Right corner of the NX window (when NOT in full screen mode) and you'll see a upward pointing 'chevron' ( ^ ). Just select it to move to the 'Minimize' mode and selecting it again, after it switches to a downward pointing 'chevron'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Also, while the Ribbon Bar (RB) is 'minimized', if you double-click on an RB tab the RB will become un-minimized. Then if you double-click on the tab again it will go back to minimized. Found that by accident one day. It's not really any different, but it's another way to go back and forth.

Mike

thanx guys...that is the way I work, with my "custom menu's" dropped in the top border bar below...see jpg....previous jpg I provided was NX9 in its "neutral" state....this jpg shows when I click the top bar tab at the top of the screen. I was hoping that there was a box to check to keep the top border bar out in full screen mode like the left, right and bottom border bars, which stay out in full screen mode.

Its not really a "have to have"...just thought that the top border bar would stay out like the other 3.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7f43e9f6-848b-4bb8-8f64-ab5619875d7a&file=screenmode003.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back