Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Touchpanel choices ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerg13

Mechanical
Aug 8, 2008
US
I am looking fro input regarding what brand to go with...I am replacing a xycom hmi and AB is pricey. Are c-more or udicon good choices? Are they programmed similar to AB? All input appreciated. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a recent post on this forum titled "Big screen, touch screen, monitor", thread791-226808, which might help you with this.
Are there any specific requirements?
What is the application environment?

Check out the screens by RedLion controls
They have some nice features such as historic data stored in csv format, multi communication protocol, good price.
Regards
Roy

I agree with the RedLion Screens. They are inexpensive, easy and powerful to progam and will communicate with almost anything.

Giz.

gerg, I think perhaps we need a little more information.
When you say "Touchpanel", are you referring to...

Something like a PanelView which requires software to build and download the application.

A touchscreen Panel PC, running a Windows application for example.

Or just a touchscreen monitor, attached to a PC.

I think there was also some confusion about this in the previous thread that I mentioned.

Thanks for the input I am a rookie and will elaborate. The machine came with a xycom 9460, which lost its backlight, and was replaced with a pc and a mouse. The company that built this machine went out of biz, I think they were putting the variables in an excel pro and moving into the plc. What do I need?

Okay, so it looks like you need to either get a new touchscreen panel PC or keep the existing PC and just get a touchscreen monitor for it.

From my experiences, Siemens makes a good touchscreen panel PC, if you want to replace everything.

If you just want to replace the monitor, I have had good experiences with Christensen Displays.

Look into parker CT hmi software, it is beautiful stuff, programs alot like a panelview and you could use a maple systems touchscreen for the interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back