Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracing around a company Logo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bot1357

Electrical
Mar 31, 2003
GB
My company logo uses a specific text font for its logo. Unfortunately not all people posses this logo on their PC's. Therefore when certain people open up a drawing the company logo is incorrect or not shown at all. The only way around this is to actually draw the logo.

My question: Is there anyway to trace around the text font logo so then I can infill the lines to create it in drawing format?

Anyone’s earliest response would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Danjo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Danjo,

try "explode text" or "dxbout"

thread555-53611 Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2000i(SP2), ADT 3.0(SP3),
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

Lothar thanks very much your response...I tried the "explode text" and "DXBOUT" unfortunatly no such commands. I am using Acad lt 2000.

I am trying to use the 'bpoly' command but I am having trouble understanding what it means when it asks me to 'select internal point' ?

Regards
Danjo

Hi Danjo,

maybe You can import an image with the logo?

or mail the font to Kramer24@freenet.de
I will explode...

Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

I'm not sure about LT but in 2000 you can place an image in the background and use it as a template for tracing the Logo. This would also allow you to control the number of arcs and lines used making a cleaner drawing.

are you talking about people in you own office, or people outside, not being able to see "special font"

if inside => then make sure they have that font in their C:\program files\autocad(version)\fonts folder

if outside => then "e-transmit" your drawing so autocad can find those special fonts to include in the transmittal.

hope this helps

Intel P4 1.7 GHZ
768 RDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1

@ozzy84
You are right, but I think a block or an image (not editing in LT?) is better, because if You use a font, everyone can edit the logo accidentally...

Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

There is a great software package out there called Wintopo that converts raster images to dxf. There is a freeware version that is excellent on this site I have used the software for this exact purpose in the past. Assumeing you have your company logo as an image all you will have to do is change the image so that there is no fill in it (this can be done in many image editing software packages by finding edges) and then convert to a bmp file. By using Wintopo you can then convert this to dxf and open in Autocad. It might take you a little while to figure it out but this package has saved me hours and hours of work in the past, especially in converting old hard-copy plans to DXF and amending them rather than completely redrawing them.

Good Luck

Danjo,

You can convert the characters in the logo to a block and use the block to create a replacement for your logo.
Use WMFOUT to select and export the required text.
Use WMFIN to insert the resulting block/drawing back to your logo. The block will contain the text you exported with each character formed with one or more 2d polylines. The block characters will not be filled and the block will require scaling to match the logo size.
Explode the block and use Bhatch, Solid fill, to hatch each character

Hi ashtray,
I dont't need it, but thanks for "wmfout"

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

Just to follow up on EXIT's suggestion ...
The DXBOUT needs to be a PRINTER.
Go to "ADD-A-PLOTTER WIZARD"

On my PC, it's ...

Go to C:\Acad2000\Plotters
Double click on "ADD-A-PLOTTER WIZARD"
NEXT
(select) MY COMPUTER
NEXT
(left side : select) AutoCAD DXB File
NEXT
NEXT
NEXT
(Give it a name "PLOT TO DXB FILE")
NEXT
FINISH

Hope that helps someone. [spin]

You don't have to trace the logo if you can type the logo in a graphics program (i.e. Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator) and then export file as DXF.
Then import to ACAD and do as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back