Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigaltr01

Industrial
Oct 23, 2008
US
This is a NX5 question.

When double clicking on a curve to change parameters (length and angle), a tracking bar poped up.
Where can I re-activate it, mine doesn't come up anymore.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why are you still creating Lines using what are basically an obsolete set of tools (i.e. 'Basic Curves') when you should be using either the options found on the 'Lines & Arcs' toolbar, if you're only creating a few simple curves, or creating sketches, if these lines are being used to construct profiles used in the creation of other features, such as surfaces and solids?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I can't speak for bigaltr01, but I still use basic curves quite a bit when designing in context of an assembly file. In NX 6.0.3.6 (the version I am running) you can't use snap points (end point, center point, etc) to pick points on components unless you are using basic curves.

Starting in NX 7.5, you can now create curves using the options on the 'Line & Arc' toolbar while working in the context of an assembly, and you will be able to select, using the various Snap Point options, points from within the various Components of the Assembly. Additionally, you can do this in either an associative or non-associative manner, meaning that you can create, on-the-fly, links to the actual Components so that your curves will update if the positions of the referenced Components are changed or edited.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back