Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trail Files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2002
NZ
Does anyone know of any way to stop a trail file at a given point while it is running?

I had ProE crash on me and I'd been very bad and not saved for a while, I took out some lines from the trail file and ran it but it still crashed. I don't know how to interperit the Trail file syntax properly so this is a problem too.

It would be great if there was a pause or stop button you could pick to stop at a point where you know everything is ok.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In config.pro file, set option "set_trail_single_step = yes" When you run the trail file in other session, Pro/E ask you whether to continue or exit after each step.
In the session of Pro/E before it get crash, if you have not saved anything, then only it won't crash again otherwise it tends to crash again in case of saved file.

Hope this will help you.
Cheers... :)

Yogesh Birari
CAE

HI Hayden, When I run trail files, I usually let it go and make note of when it fails. Then I make a copy of the trail file and edit it. I basically delete all the stuff after the target feature I want to stop at. Depending on the size of your model, this can save some time. Please remember that if you move the Pro/E window, the trail file will lose the mouse position.... so never move your actual Pro/E window. I Hope this helps ya, if it does gimme a star!

Changing the filetype to .txa - training file extension and the file will stop with 'out of sequence' when it gets to an error point. There used to be a config option something like trail_oos which could be set to 'no' to prevent unexpected exit. It's gone for version 2001. In 2001 both training and trail files are run from the same menu. In previous versions, they were separate, but neighboring choices.

The main contributor to trail file failure is saving in Pro/E and then re-running the trail file. This can result in trying to delete a non-existant feature, pick a place on a model that has moved because the part or assembly extents have changed, etc.

Dave.

To make sure my trails run smoothly I always set the model to Default orientation and show all the datum planes before saving. That way you can always run them back from the last active save.

Also if you don't want to single step through hundreds of command lines of a trail you may be able to insert the following four lines into the trail where you want to stop playback.

#MISC
#DEBUG
#RUN MODE

It's been a while since I've used this but it should switch to run mode 1111 which you can exit from by typing e for exit and clicking the Check button or Enter key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back