Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trailing dimensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimp178

Mechanical
Apr 23, 2001
GB

Hi Is there any way to add trailing dimensions with out inserting them manualy.
For example 80.00 instead of 80 which I seem to be getting.
Is there a switch in the settings?

Thanks in advance. JimP

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shouldn't this be accomplished by setting the precision of the dimensions? Try going to Tools, Options, Document Properties tab, Units and then set the number of Decimal Places to 2.

- - -DennisD

none of the above seem to work. Changing the precision to 2 will imput 80.01 if that is the size but for 80.00 it imputs 80. i am working in Ansi settings have tried ISO with the same results

Thats for you quick replys. Jim

What units are you using? If you are using metric units, you won't get trailing zeros. If you use inches, you should see them. "The attempt and not the deed confounds us."

If you go under your Tools, Options, Document Settings, then Units, what is the Decimal places set to? In your case it should be 2.

BBJT BBJT CSWP

Hi Jim,

Please try...

Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing...

Trailing Zeroes use Show...

You probably had it set to Smart or Remove..

Hi Scott,

You must be thinking of leading zeroes, trailing zeroes aren't controlled by the standard.

cheers,

Joseph

I tried that with feet and inches - if it is an even number of feet, the inches don't show. "Show" doesn't seem to help in ANSI or ISO. I tried changing the precision too.

What am I doing wrong?

Tom S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back