Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Video suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

windell

Mechanical
Jun 16, 2005
US
Hi Fellow CADers,

I'm search for a reliable source for training videos for SolidEdge. I'm coming from a SolidWorks background, but my new job uses Solid Edge. I've begun some of the tutorials, but I would like to minimize my startup time with this program. I'm fine with paying for the videos if required.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
windell

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Videos or general training resources?

IGetit has some self paced web based training that we've used for our interns, sadly they only seem to do a release every few years so unless you're stuck on an old version of SE it may not be much help.

Siemens and others used to post videos on Utube.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

Self-paced training is available through Siemens support.
I think you will need your web-key etc.
I don't know what it contains though.
Other than that have a look on Youtube, there are quite a few from SolidMastermind.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

I've only skimmed through the Self-paced training, since it's pretty massive: 28 Courses for ST3, 13 for ST2 and 11 for ST.
The course "Modeling a Part Using Surfaces" is over 300 pages long so massive might even be an understatement.

The Siemens self-paced training can be found here:
But as Beach said, you do need a WebKey to access it.

Hi Windell,

I can't mention any specific training videos as it would go against the posting / marketing guidelines on this forum.

What I would suggest doing is a Google search like the one in the link below. You will find there is a massive ammount of information available that is right up to date.

Hope that helps
Jon

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back