Transferring results between analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Kxr

Aerospace
Feb 27, 2024
US
Hello,

I am trying to transfer the geometry and the initial state of a part between two explicit simulations.

I am importing the deformed orphan mesh of my part, then redefining the section assignment (with the same mesh controls and material as in my first simulation), and then I define the initial state as a predefined field.

Once I define this predefined field (if I suppress the predefined field I do not get the error), I get this error: THE NAME EC-1 HAS BEEN USED ON A PREVIOUS SECTION CONTROL DEFINITION. SECTION CONTROL NAMES MUST BE UNIQUE.

I do not understand why I get this, since I do not change the mesh controls of my part. (Note that in some parts of my assembly I use reduced integration S4R elements, while in the part I am importing I use full integration S4 elements; I am not sure if this matters.)

Any ideas on how to resolve this error?

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You don't have to redefine the section assignments, the initial state field (import feature) takes care of this and imports material state with its properties.

Did you redefine mesh controls ? They shouldn’t be changed either. Just import the deformed part, move it if necessary, apply loads, BCs and interactions to it and other parts. Nothing else, the mesh and section/material properties will be taken from a previous analysis.

Look for the *SECTION CONTROLS keyword in the .inp file with the *IMPORT card and remove those controls by deleting the keyword. If you are using a script to generate the input file then the definition of this setting must be included somewhere within the script and should be removed too.

This is the only thing in my inp. file with the keyword *Import. I could not find any imported section controls.

*Instance, library=Hinges-06, instance=hinge_1
** PREDEFINED FIELD
** Name: Predefined Field-1 Type: Initial State
*Import, state=yes, update=no
*End Instance

As far as my py script is concerned, I could not find a way to define or delete the name for these section controls so far.

If the *SECTION CONTROLS keyword is in the previous input file, I would remove it too. Can you share the files (.cae and/or both input decks) ? If not, maybe you could simplify them just to recreate the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back