Transfert line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZLAM21

Petroleum
Aug 12, 2020
IT
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a regulation, standards, practices (in any country) which allows to evaluate the possibility of routing two products in the same transfer line and the same loading arm?
The situation I am thinking of is that linear alkyl benzene and ethylene will be transferred to the dock which could be used for both products.
At the moment, I am interested to know if this configuration is feasible and should I only consider the risk of contamination as a major constraint please advise.
Best regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, but one batch after the other. Not at the same time.
Codes do not specifically address multiproduct transfer. None prohibit multiproduct Pipelines. It is a common method used where interproduct contamination can be controlled, or is not otherwise a problem.

--Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

You just need to work on the worst case of the two for SG, viscosity, vapour pressure etc.

Flushing etc isn't easy.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

The differences in fluid properties may be this impractical.
Designing for full flow-back to drain may be the only option when switching fluids.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

What temp for loading C2= ? If it is below freeze point of alkyl benzene, even small residues of alkyl benzene may solidify and jam up joints in the loading arm when C2= is flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back