Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transformer costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogbuehi

Electrical
Aug 1, 2007
US
I believe I posted this in the wrong forum previously. I've been trying to get cost estimates for a transformer. Specifications for the transformer are as follows: outdoor rated (NEMA appropriate enclosure), 630kVA, 50Hz, 11kV(delta)-415V/240V(wye), pad-mounted, oil-filled.

Shipping or installation costs need not be considered as I have those figured out for the particular installation.

I know there are many, many, variables that can change the cost (efficiency, manufacturer, inrush etc..) but I'm simply looking for some numbers to use for cost estimation. I welcome people's past experience with their estimated costs as well as informal quotes or previously received quotes directly/indirectly from vendors as well. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I normally would, but I'm in a very austere location and don't have an easy means contacting vendors. As for the enclosure, it can be IP equivalent. Just as long as it's rated for outdoor use.

FWIW, my Means 2010 estimating book shows a 750 kVA pad-mount, 15 kV - 480/277, 60 Hz with a bare cost of $25,800 US. Add about 15% to that and you might be in the ballpark.

Price of transformers vary from market to market almost up to 1:2.So the cost depends on from which market you are procuring.Price varies as kVA raised to 0.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back