Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Transformer Phase Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I really think you need just draw out the vectors and go through all the combination. There really aren't many and it is important to see how to get all the different possible combinations. I think there are four connections angles you can have. 30, 150, 270, 330.

Here is a DYN11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.

I know there are other phase shifts possible. I was looking through the Basler paper on the phase shift. It is nice to see all combinations possible but the re-wiring was all done inside the transformer.

I am still unable to process in my head, how rolling or flopping phases externally gets us the phase shift. Doesn't rotating the phasor on one side rotate the phasor by the same angle on the other side?

Looking at your attached file, you flipped phases on H2 and H3. But looking at the phasors, high side still leads the low side by 30deg. It doesn't look like Dyn11.

Thank you for your time.

You can actually get all 6 odd multiples of 30 degrees. Simply rolling phases on one side gives you three of the six, either 30, 150, and 270 or 330, 210, and 90.

To get between those two sets it is necessary two swap two phases on each side, say H1 with H2 and X1 with X2. The other two possibilities in that group are then a roll away.

Just swapping on one side changes the other side phase rotation. Assuming you start with ABC any one swap will produce ACB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back