Transformer Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott88

Electrical
Apr 25, 2012
GB
Hi,

I am currently investigating and will be looking to eventually procure a transformer to supply an immersion boiler. The primary supply is 6.6kV and the boiler load is 400V / 2.5MW. I have contacted Siemens with a request for a quotation for a) an oil filled and b)a dry cast resin transformer to supply the immersion heater for consideration. Unfortunately they are reluctant to give me any details or recommendations on their type of transformers available, this has left me a little confused as to what I have missed.

I have calculated the following;

= 2500000/1.732 x 400 x 0.86
= 2500000/595.81
= 4195.96 Current per phase

And requested a suitable transformer to supply;

= 2500000/0.86
= 2906.97 kVA

Can anyone advise me as to what further consideration a transformer supplier is looking for, I was expecting the load and supply and then they would ask for ambient temperature etc? Is there a standard rate of rise for the UK based on outside and inside storage temperatures? Due to the current involved on the LV I am presuming insulated phase busducts will be required?

Kind regards,
Scott

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

You might find this thread useful: thread238-336030

How did you contact Siemens? At least my local Siemens representative is very helpful with requests like yours, even though the request may be quite vauge. Same applies to my local representatives for ABB, Möre transformers and many other. If you insist on contacting the "factory" directly, my best luck has been with Efacec ( but I'm sure other manufacturers would be of assistance as well (but YMMV).

Good luck,
jens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back