Transient Analysis - Boundary Conditions - Ansys Fluent

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroque

Civil/Environmental
Jun 20, 2016
PT
Hello everyone;

I have recently started to use Ansys Fluent to model transient heat transfer analysis.

Although this is a very simples question I don´t know how to do it. My basic learning problem is: I have a cube, on one surface I impose a temperature variation boundary condition (under user-defined function form), on the opposite surface I want to analyse the influence of that solicitation. The remaining 4 faces are adiabatic. My question is: What is the boundary condition that I must choose for the surface where I want to read to temperature variation?

In the transient module, i have the initial temperature option. But in Fluent I don´t have that option, just temperature.

Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Extend your analysis to have air next to your cube. The end of the cube you want to measure the temperature at is now within your analysis area and does not need a boundary condition. You can apply ambient temp and pressure to the edge of your analysis with the air. You will also need to extend the analysis area above your cube to allow for airflow and natural convection. This assumes that your cube is sitting in air and will be cooled by natural convection, if that is not the case, include whatever is next to the cube in your analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back