Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transient analysis in ANSYS Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupika

Civil/Environmental
Apr 3, 2010
Hi all,
I use transient analysis in ANSYS Classic. I have attached command which I have used. But the method is wrong and this error message is coming.
"SOLCONTR is not a recognized BEGIN command, abbreviation or macro. This command will be ignored"
What is the wrong with the command.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It looks like your solution controls and the solve command are in the preprocessor level (/PREP7). Try moving it to the solution level ie add /SOLU before your transient analysis solution settings.

Hi,
I entered /SOLU. But after running the analysis this error message is coming and ANSYS is terminated. "Number of results on results file exceeds maximum of 1000. Maximum may be increased with /CONFIG command. How can I enter this value to this command file.

Hi,
Maximum number of results in result file you can edit by /CONFIG command with NRES label. For example: /CONFIG,NRES,30000 allows you to write 30000 results in the results file.

Did you ran analysis from the same file that you attach here? Because 20000 results are allowed in this input file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back