Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translating Acad command in Microstation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglassucre

Civil/Environmental
Oct 22, 2002
VE
I'm a new user of MicroStation program (I'm 4 years old user Autocad) and I would like ask how I can place in automatic way many features (list of points, polylines with so many vertices, place text, etc.). In AutoCAD I can do it with script method (making a txt file with commands and coordinates) but I don't know how it makes in Microstation. I search the help files by typing "scripts" but rise another thing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe the MicroStation equivalent to scripts would be either "key-ins" applied to the function keys, which would be called a "macro" (At least many have used that term in my experience).
***OR***
UCMs (user command files)
Hit your F3 key (search "*.ucm") while exploring your c drive to see some samples of UCMs.
And a little extra note.
MicroStation equivalent to LISPs would be MDLs (*.ma). But these are complied so you can't read them with a text viewer.
And one more thing ...
UCMs can also be considered to be the MicroStation equivalent to LISPs, too. I guess. ;)
I hope that helps a little.
Working in a dual environment keeps me on my toes when translating the terms from AutoCAD to MicroStation and vise versa.
RICH@LG (Arch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back