Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Translation help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaen

Automotive
Jan 23, 2005
US
I have a part I am trying to translate along a axis. when i choose translate and move the part the sketch data will not translate with it. I tried to fix together the sketch geometry with the part but no luck.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

If you are working in v5, try first to create a plane where you want to place your sketch and use after change sketch support...

Regards
Fernando

to add to what Fernando suggested:

use Positioned Sketches, and either change the sketch plane or the origin location to 'translate' the sketch, and the part will follow along.

best way to do it is using the Axis System. Create all the geometry Ref. to Axis system. Isolate the Axis System and then we can move the Whole part using Compass where we need to.

Amit

isolating the Axis system helps you to drag the part with the Axis system, If its associated you might get some error warnings.. or even you can create new axis system and them replace the old with new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back