Traverse Loop for closure errors 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAguy

Civil/Environmental
Jan 28, 2007
US
Hi,
is there any program/software that helps me on Closure Errors? Can we do it on AutoCad/Land Development? If so, how?? thanks!
K

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes Land Desktop will. I cant remember exactly where in the menu it is at. Your data collector will also do traverse adjustments. Hope this helps.

TWD

Timothy Day
Field Engineer and Surveyor
Brasfield and Gorrie Gen.Contractors
Birmingham, Al. U.S.A.

ctbailey ...unfortunately I have not found any software that can help me find the error for traverse closure. I Still use the excel.

Could you clarify what you mean by
"help me find the error for traverse closure"?

Find out what the error is (diff between "true" and computed coords)?

Find out what caused it (small random errors, small systematic errors, or large blunder)?

Either way, sounds like a basic surveying problem.

Hi underhill

It is to find out what the error is (diff between "true" and computed coords)...i just want to know if there is any program/software to do the cals for me. I calculate by hands then input the values into microsoft excel manually and that is hassle.

I'd still recommend Copan from UGL (though i'm biased).

It can calculate, and adjust, closures for "raw" traverses (ie, those having backsight and foresight angles, vertical angles and slope distances), and for "reduced" traverses (ie, those having bearings and horizontal distances). And it's free.

See for details.

I also still don't see why you can't use "any old" survey software. Does anyone know why it might be difficult to solve LAguy's problem using other software?

LAguy,
I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

Are you trying to determine your closure, or are you trying to balance your traverse?

One CANNOT "reduce one's closure error to zero."

What one CAN do, is balance the traverse by DISTRIBUTING the closure.

There are some fairly easy equations that will do this, and there are a number of software programs that will do this as well. Some of the software programs are free, some are quite expensive. Some use methods that are no longer considered to be valid.

If you can give me some more information on what you're trying to accomplish, I'll try to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back