Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Treatment for nitrogen compounds in wastewater

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobhearn11

Civil/Environmental
May 27, 2003
US
My electronics mfg. plant is increasing the amount of ammonia compounds used in the process. We are approaching the nitrogen limit on our discharge permit. I am interested in hearing about treatment technologies that would allow reduction of N. We operate a pretreatment (primarily neutralization) plant prior to sending to sewer authority. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

bobhearn11;

The processes for nitrogen removal are complex and there is no easy answer. I am a principal engineer with Excel Engineering Consultants, Inc. and we have extensive experience dealing with these issues. It depends if the waste is primarily inorganic or organic and the flow rates in order to determine which process may be the most applicable. Contact me at casselberryengineer@yahoo.com and we'll discuss it further. Also let me know the manufacturing process and where the company is located. Look forward to hearing from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back