Tree works 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandH

Automotive
Jul 17, 2000
US
Hi all,

Has anyone here got experience of a Solidworks add-on called TreeWorks? I've downloaded the trial version, but wondering if anyone has any tutorials etc.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Bandh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is what I received from Guy Edkins at TreeWorks:

Treeworks will not run on anything but NT and 2000 in emulation mode. And its unlikely to be compliant to anything later than SW 2003. Sorry, its very old.

TreeWorks is currently unsupported. We are re-writing the entire program from the ground up. It will use XML (SWDocManager) and will not require the assembly to be loaded at all. Much much faster and much cleaner. Same overall functionality - SmartCharts, etc.

I have an old Windows 2000 box with SolidWorks 2006 installed on it for a test. It worked OK in trial mode. We cannot get a license to run it until they release it later this year.

Bradley

Thanks Bradley - bit confusing since a quick check of the Solidworks website shows it is a recognised partner. When did you get that information?

Thanks again sir!

Regards

Hi Folks,

Just chiming in here. I used TreeWorks a number of years back (around 2000-2001). It was good as far as it went but they (the programs' creators) never seemed to keep up with things and we found that it became unusable as SolidWorks and the Windows OS technology progressed. I haven't been with that company (where we used it) for a few years now but to my knowledge it's a dead animal in their eyes still.

I'm not bashing the program itself (for what it's worth - while it worked it was a very useful tool for us) but based on previous experience I would advise caution before buying. Be certain of your comfort level with the products' ongoing support. It's entirely possible things have improved and the product is supported and upgraded in a more timely manner these days.

Again this is all just my two cents worth.

Regards,

Chris Gervais
Application Engineer
CSWP, CSWST

Yeah thanks guys - I have had some contact with TreeWorks creators, and they confirmed what Bradley said above - however they cannot give a deadline for release.

Since they are now a recognised SolidWorks partner, you would imagine it will be updated.

Thanks again

I sent off an e-mail to Guy Edkins to see if we could test a beta of TreeWorks? Our management is really interest in this product.

Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back