Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TRIP GENERATION 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiptomalu

Civil/Environmental
Nov 30, 2001
US
Does anyone know where I can get info on 'trip generation' for (12)multi-family dwelling...or has anyone worked wita similar problem this is for a FEA form....I know there are books out but at $200 and the time I have to turn in my work it doesnt justify the expense....heeelllpp

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might find that for design purposes the number is proscribed by Local Codes. Here, code says the ADT (average daily trips) per dwelling unit is 8.2 for a single family, 8.0 for a duplex, and 7.3 ADT for above 2 units per building.

Hope this helps,

Carl

Carl..do u have these numbers per hour?..and would I convert these numbers to 12 family mulit-dweeling by simply multiplying?...I dont need to be very exact..but I want to know if my process would be acceptable..

Thanks for the help

For a breakdown I went to the ITE Trip Generation Manual. For a 'low rise apartment', use following rates, all based on per unit - so yes multiply by 12.

Weekday Avg Trip Rate - 6.6
Saturday ATR - 7.2
Sunday ATR - 6.1
Peak Hrly ATR-0.7

Weekday Max Trip Rate -9.2
Peak Hrly MTR -0.9

So for example the weekday ADT is 6.6 x 12 = 79 daily vehicle trips, counting entering and exiting. And the average peak hourly is 0.7 x 12 =8.4 vehicle trips.

Hope this helps,
Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back