Trouble Sketching from Derived Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjatpuresilica

Civil/Environmental
Oct 20, 2010
GB
Dear EngAddict,

I have attached my model of my derived parts "New Cap.ipt" and you will see that I am struggling to get the sketches to work.

Would it be possible to ask you to have a quick look at it please and let me know what I am doing wrong?

I am trying to produce a solid model of the sheet metal model deriving the two parts has produced.

I would be most grateful.

Thank you,

cjj

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't you already get what you want from the subtraction of the derived parts?

If you are just trying to copy it you could loft the top as a new solid, then loft the bottom. Now thicken with the intersect option (basically will shell your model. Or just loft the top as a surface and thicken with the join option.

You might need to explain a little more what you are after.

Dear EngAddict,

I apologise for not making myself clear.

What I am trying to do is produce a parametric version of what the subtraction of the derived parts achieves but as a solid.

When I try to Sculpt the 3D sketch as per your kind sample it seems to automatically use the inside profile from the derived model rather than using my sketch.

When I try to loft it the secondary lower loft fails for some reason saying it cannot produce a meaningful etc.

Thank you for your kind help.

cjj

Dear EngAddict,

Thank you, I had come to the same conclusion by trial and error.

Thank you for modifying my model too.

I wondered if you could possible help me with my querie regarding writing an external rule please. I have asked it as a new question.

Thank you once again.

cjj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back