Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

truck-mounted forklift

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwuwien

Automotive
May 3, 2007
AT
i am seeking ideas how to improve the fixation of truck-mounted forklifts on a truck. the existing soultion, where the forks are put into a so-called mounting kit and then further secured by cables, in insatisfactory as it is complicated and security risks arise when not all security standards are fulfilled. Therefore i am seeking a method which makes the mounting more easy, comfortable and secure for the driver. any ideas?

moreover, there are problems with the weight of the forklift, which has negative impacts on the stability during driving, i.e. the distriubution of the weight on the axis is unequal. is there any electronical/mechanical system for distributing the weight more equally?

thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Kind of dificult to alter the laws of physics. The load s behind the rear axles, how can how transfer it to the front axles???

The only possibility is for the truck to have a lift axle in front of the driven axle, a 'cheater' if you will. But this reduces the traction in off-road situations while this axle is down - removing some of the weight from the driven axle. Also this configuration is not legal in some jurisdictions.

Have alook at how they do it overseas....They are far ahead of North America in solving a lot of these issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back