Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Truck turn templates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

recon

Jun 2, 1999
US
Is anyone familiar with where I can find truck turn templates in AutoCAD format, or a program that develops them in accordance with AASHTO standards?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Massachusetts Highway Dept. has turning templates in their design manual. At the last company I worked for, I just digitized them and made a block to use at any scale.<br>
If I had a copy of them I would send them to you.<br>
<br>
You might want to digitize them yourself.

WE JUST ORDERED 'AUTO TURN'. IT IS PROBABLY THE COOLEST PROGRAM OUT THERE RIGHT NOW FOR THIS PARTICULAR USE. YOU CAN ACTUALLY TRACK THE TRUCKS'TURNING PATH AS YOU WATCH IT MAKE THE TURN. A MUST HAVE IF YOU ARE DOING A LOT OF INTERSECTION WORK, WE JUST LEARNED THAT.

yeah it draws a pretty picture but... my question is I only have been able to get it to work based on the center of the axle and a baseline you choose. What I would like to do is choose the edge of curbing and a island that I propose and see if it fits that way. <br>
<br>
Also, from my previous experience it will fit a truck in a window of the trucks capibilities and this might not be practical... I am very skeptical of this software and the price tag is extremely high in my humble opinion.<br>
<br>

Autoturn is the best. You can run trucks forwards and backwards neat stuff. You can even customise vehicules. It gives bumber and tire tracks. All AASHTO vehicules are pre-defined. Try it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back