Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trumpf 1030 vs Bystronic Byspeed 2.2 vs Amada Alpha 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryian

Computer
Apr 29, 2012
GB
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum so I hope you can help. We have a sheet metal company in the uk. At present we have a Amada LC1212 Alpha. We are now looking for a new or almost new laser pending on the price and outcome of the year ahead. We have big problems with space and power. The area we have for the laser is 11 meters by 6M. The power we have coming in the factory is 200 amps and that already runs an lvd punch 5x welders and 3x brake presses. We looked at increasing the power but the electricity supplier wants 30 grand and thats without coming out to do a site visit.

Amada visited 1st and invited us to their showroom to look at the alpha 4. Nice machine but i would rather have a flatbed. the start price was 262.000 pounds. I also wanted to know if anyone on here had one to compare the speed and running costs. The reps tell you but can you always trust them.

Trumpf visited next and said the 1030 2kw would fit us. the price started at 280 pounds without a shuttle table. They said the running cost are really low but i here its not all that.

Bystronic came last and said the byspeed would be the best machine for us to buy 2.2kw. They also said it was much cheaper to run then the trumpf and faster too.

So as you can see im confused now and dont know what to do next. Help would be really appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The LVD is a Hybrid machine and thats not what I want. I’m looking for a shuttle table so the Amada alpha 4 is a no now. Went to see Bystronic yesterday and looked at the Bysprint and Byspeed great machines but very expensive. My worry is our workload at the moment. We have enough work to run the amada lc1212 all day but with a new laser it would be sitting around and costing me a fortune. The idea is obviously to create more capacity with a new machine but at that cost it would scares me. So I have decided to look at something 2nd hand around 2005. That way I sleep at night and if works comes in and we need to move forward I can buy a new one and know it won’t be sitting around. I can now get a 3kw machine after the electrician looked over the amps we are using. I still need to look at Trumpf but the costs to replace parts worries me from what I’ve heard. Advice would be grateful. Trying to find the hourly consumable cost for the machines.

I have looked at the fiber but it's to expensive and I know it's a super fast machine down the straight but most parts have corners and according to Bystronic it struggles going around them. We mainly cut 5mm mild steel anyway . What's the by sprint 2.2 like on 8 to 12mm mild steel? I just thought if u go for the 3kw then I will have scope to cut what I want.

Its not talked about too often anymore but I feel the beam quality gives the Bystronic an advantage. Unless your 12mm is a flattened junk car (poor quality/consistency) the 2.2 should have no problem.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Why is the bean quality better? With an rf laser it either cut or it don't with a dc it will slowly cuts the material as the turbine needs overhauling . I saw prima today. Nice laser same turbine as Bystronic. You get alot of machine for the money. I really like the trumpf 3030 and 2530. But I also like the by sprint. I don't know what to do and I was hoping u guys would help.

I advise you , you will buy 2hand bystronic machine from bystronic.
I bought 4 laser on bystronic.
1 new one. bysprint 3kw (bought it 7 years ago, machine hours 40000/33000)
2 second hand bystar 4.4kk (bought it germany but not bystronic dealer)
3 second hand byspeed 4.4kw (bought it local bystronic dealer ,same to new when anybody see it)
4 second hand byspeed 4.4kw (bought it local bystronic dealer ,4 weeks later ,come to work shop)

second hand always good prize,
low kw , lower spare parts(lens and mirror) cost for bystronic.
if you want to buy second hand bystronic machine. you have to buy bystonic local dealer.

if you want to ask me anything , send mail.

take a look at Prima. Very low operating costs if that is a concern. Made simpler than the competition, so it is EASY to maintain. Less mirrors and such than the competition. comes in a 3,4,5 kilowatt model and fiber. But fiber is expensive up front, but if energy is a big concern, you should evaluate fiber from all. The Platino is unique among its peers, at least check it out.

I'm getting a Trumpf 1030 now guys. Decided that if fits the bill. 100 plus thousand for a refurb machine that's 10 years old add another 100 thousand and u get a new 1030. At least I know what's I'm paying every month without surprises from old machines going wrong.

Ryian, how do you load a 120X60X1/2 (3meter X 1.5meter X 12mm thick) on the machine you purchased? Based on the picture, it doesn't look like it would be easy.

Hi mate. It has an automatic shuttle table on the front. So it ain't that hard. Using a fork lift carry the sheet U tilt the forks and lay the sheet down. You can buy an arm with suction pads and use that too. Or make ur own.

Really nice machine mate. No turbine so u don't have to worry about that and no end stage valve which has tobe changed every 5000 ish hours at a nice bend me over price of 6000. Only real cost is the bellows if u put holes in it and that will set u back 8 grand plus. All said I can't wait till I get hold of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back