Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trumpf 1030 vs Bystronic Byspeed 2.2 vs Amada Alpha 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryian

Computer
Apr 29, 2012
GB
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum so I hope you can help. We have a sheet metal company in the uk. At present we have a Amada LC1212 Alpha. We are now looking for a new or almost new laser pending on the price and outcome of the year ahead. We have big problems with space and power. The area we have for the laser is 11 meters by 6M. The power we have coming in the factory is 200 amps and that already runs an lvd punch 5x welders and 3x brake presses. We looked at increasing the power but the electricity supplier wants 30 grand and thats without coming out to do a site visit.

Amada visited 1st and invited us to their showroom to look at the alpha 4. Nice machine but i would rather have a flatbed. the start price was 262.000 pounds. I also wanted to know if anyone on here had one to compare the speed and running costs. The reps tell you but can you always trust them.

Trumpf visited next and said the 1030 2kw would fit us. the price started at 280 pounds without a shuttle table. They said the running cost are really low but i here its not all that.

Bystronic came last and said the byspeed would be the best machine for us to buy 2.2kw. They also said it was much cheaper to run then the trumpf and faster too.

So as you can see im confused now and dont know what to do next. Help would be really appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just an update guys. Delivery it to username two weeks. Very excited! Had some serious problems thou. When the engineer came to check where we wanted to put the machine we where told it won't fit because a column was in the way. So we have had to move around all the machine in the factory. Nightmare but hopefully worth it. Also did a test with some 8mm mild steel cutting holes as small as 2mm awesome! Will let u guys know what it's like in a month after we have figured it out. All the best.

I would definitely appreciate your impressions of the machine after you have had it a little while. I've been looking at a 1030 with a shuttle table as a supplement to my water jet business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back