Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Try to delete line

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjonsson

Automotive
May 11, 2007
SE
I have problems to delete a line from a model in NX5.
The line is not used, not in a group, not the last element. When looking at it with information/object there is nothing. What should I try?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First try refreshing your view to make sure the line is still there. Refresh your screen, and hit the fit all view.

Now adjust your selection criteria so that you can select all curve and point types. If the line is still there, try a show all move to see if it is part of something else.

If all else fails zoom out, use a box selection to select everything (check to make sure line was selected), then un-select the items you wish to keep and delete everything else.

Nope. Tried that. Very strange. I can select the lines. When I hit delete nothing happenes. No varnings or errors. They just will not go....

Select the lines and delete from the Edit menu as opposed to the delete or backspace button, then repeat. You might have many multiple copies of the same line whatever it is...

Can you upload it

Select the lines and delete from the Edit menu as opposed to the delete or backspace button, then repeat. You might have many multiple copies of the same line whatever it is...

Can you upload it?

Thanks for the effort. I do select with "multi select". It is actually 12 lines on top of each other. I have tried edit/delete and according to information/object the lines are not used. I guess I could upload the file since it is very small. Lets see when I am back at the office tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back