Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

trying to create a tool library for multiple users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

red987

Industrial
Oct 1, 2009
US
Ok so I called my self searching for this info with no luck... What I am trying to do is create a tool library on our central server that everyone can access, so that we are all using the same tooling information... but alas I am clueless and with my current work load I haven't the time to dig it all out from the beginning. So any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Copy the files from the UGII_CAM_LIBRARY DIR folder to a network location.
Then in system preferences, redefine UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_DIR to point to your network location.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

What you want to do is not a problem as long as you keep all of UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_DIR together.
Have you taken the CAM customization class?
If you are not familiar with setting up a customized environment in CAM, please talk to GTAC, so they can walk you through this.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Unless something is broken, which I doubt from Mark's response, it did work the way I described. As Mark said, you have to keep all of the files under your current UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_DIR together. Then redefine the setting to point to your copy of the files. The lower level folders are defined from the base UGII_CAM_LIBRARY_TOOL_DIR.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

i have not taken the customization class yet. would like to though. and i am not familiar with the customized environment.... new to the software in general.

red987,

send me an email, we have a few documents that detail this and a few other items with regard to customizing the CAM environment.

Ashley Kerth-
akerth@6dms.net

6dms, Inc.
506 SW 6th Ave., Suite 600
Portland, Oregon 97204

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back