Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Trying to cut 7 gauge steel hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasertech716

Mechanical
Sep 5, 2023
US
I am new to this and still figuring out this machine but I’m trying to cut 7 gauge hrs and it pierces just fine until it goes and starts cutting my part and it basically etches the the part. I’ve done test cuts to get it to cut right and I did. Then when I go to the program and try and cut my parts and it doesn’t work. Help would be great. Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are your cutting conditions set at? Your test piece is small so its not going to get to speed you set it at so maybe you speed is to fast.

I understand your frustration, especially when you've successfully done test cuts but encounter issues during the actual cutting process. It could be related to the settings in your program. Make sure you've double-checked the feed rates, power settings, and focus for your machine. Additionally, ensure that your material is securely clamped, and the torch height is appropriately set for 7-gauge HRS. Troubleshooting step-by-step should help resolve this issue. If you have any specific settings or details about your setup, feel free to share, and the community can provide more valuable advice. Good luck!

Seems to be human nature to just want to go full steam after a test run succeeds; I would second the recommendation to run the program as slowly as practical to verify reproducibility and then increase processing speed until it hiccups and troubleshoot from there.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back