Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tube material suitable for Gasoline contamited with Caustic

Status
Not open for further replies.

QPAini

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2012
QA
Can any body help to fine the best tube material were can handle product Gasoline contaminated with small amount of caustic.

exsisting material is ASTM A197.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

QPAini, in the effort to get some advice you might ask yourself these questions:

1) What do I mean by "best"?
2) How small is "small"?
3) Am I sure it's not A-179?

Regards,

Mike

Thanks SnTMan,

Gasoline trim cooler (Material is ASTM A 179, Not A197) were was installed into My plant on 1979, from that year cooler just handle C5+, due to environment effect we installed MEROX System about 20 year ago

MEROX system were installed to clean gasoline from CO2 trough washing by Caustic process, after gasoiline mixed with Caustic, they are pass to the sand filter which we hope caustic will settle down after filteration, unfortunatly, some of caustic pass along with Gasoline were we could not predicted at all.

We are plan to replace tube material with better one were can handle above product.

Has the unit been in service continually for 32 years without being retubed? If it survived 12 years in the old process and 20 years in the new process without issue, I would retube with the same material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back