Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tubing for dry sump

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT6Steve

Industrial
Apr 12, 2003
US
Amigos,
I'm slowly putting together a dry sump system for my straight six racer. I've a couple of questions for the more experienced...
Can you recommend a 5/8" tubing that can be bent in the home shop and terminated in the AN format. I'm thinking I don't need the expensive braided lines the whole way.
Second question,
I thought I read here about a pan builder that would work with you, first requiring your stock pan to build from. I can't find it in the archives, does anyone else remember that thread?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So long as it is properly supported to avoid fatigue cracks, copper with soldered on fittings works just fine

Regards
pat pprimmer@acay.com.au
eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Moroso Performance in Guilford, CT will work with you on designing and building just about any oil pan or dry sump oil tank. Moroso Phone # 800 544-8894.

Good Luck with your project!

I put together a 4 stage dry sump for my 6 cyl Etype a few years ago. I remember using some short sections of rigid aluminum conduit as tubing from the scavenge sections. This was faily light and easy to bend. It was then TIG welded to aluminum AN adapter fittings.

Welding is always an option when using steel or al tubing but, I use al or steel tubing with AN -010 adapter sleeves. It's much simpler as the tubing requires only a simple standard flare (except for brake lines). I have used them on fuel lines -03 and -04 with total success. Beats the heck out of welding. You might try Pegasus as that's where I get much of my AN parts these days.

Tube Sleeve, AN (AN 819) Part # 3236-10 $1.99 each.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back