Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turbine design for fruit hoover 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartoon

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2004
FR
Lo,
I'm trying to design a turbine or a fan able to "hoove" fruits at the end of a flexible pipeline with a nose of diameter 150/200mm --> 60/78".
My speed should be at least 30 m/s.
I'm really stuck with that and i can't find out where could i find the litterature for that!!
If sombody can help me...Thank you !
Kartoon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since nobody cared to reply let us (you and me) steer-up the matter a little bit. I can't help you regarding the essence of the problem but I may clear couple of things and luckily draw some attention to the problem

If I've understood you correctly you would like to make a device for "vacuuming" some fruit. Idea is rather interesting. Hopefully you won’t do that directly from a plant (tree) or you will end with more leaves than fruits.

For vacuuming definitely you need a fan not necessarily a turbine (term turbine is used for power producing feature which may be used to power your fan). The other thing is intake diameter. You scared North American colleagues with the dimensions in inches. Those figures should read 6.0/7.8” because they correspond quite well to 150/200mm (by the way 78” is almost 2 meters - 2000mm).

And finally I was able to find only one site about fruit vacuuming; some neat lady is vacuuming fallen fruit in her garden using industrial vacuum cleaner: - 13k

Ok...i made a huge mistake so, sorry for that.
´Thank you for this answer, that's nice, congratulation for finding such example: i look for this kind of stuff for ages.
Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back