Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TURBO BLOWER ALARM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

filocco

Mechanical
Jul 5, 2012
AR
Hello friends, my turbo blower is throwing an alarm low oil level.
The oil level display is within normal parameters .... which can happen??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As a laser repair man, my outlook is very similar to "chicken little". Keep that in mind while reading.

Option 1) turbo is failing. Stop running the machine.
Option 2) Not enough cooling water in the turbo, or not the right temp.
Option 3) Something wrong with the temperature sensor (thermocouple) that generates this alarm.

Option two is the most likely, especially since your last question posted was regarding your chiller.

FOOSTRAP
The oil used is the original FANUC

LASERNINJA
Today laser remove the cover and discovered that the inlet hose to the turbo blower was cold, but the most noticeable is that the output was very hot.
It is possible that beyond a blockage of cooling water.
I could not disarm because I was alone, tomorrow I'll take help from someone else to see what happens.
The general data are:
Chiller temperature: 22 ° C
Pressure: 30PSI (always run this smoothly pressure)
The temperature delta turbo blower is very high (22 º C Input Output 40 ° C approximately)
Surely there will be a blockage in the turbo blower inlet Connection??
I could see the other two smaller hoses on top (6mm), and these were cold. Not hot as the largest (12mm)

I'm on the right track???

Thank you!

30 psi of water pressure seems low. Is that the water pressure at your chiller output or input? Maybe you don't have enough water flow; although that should normally give you a flow alarm. Unless somebody bypassed the flow sensor in the resonator.
How many hours do you have on the blower and which one is it (number ends with a C and 3 digits)? How is your chiller water maintenance? What chemicals are you using in your water? How often do you change the water?
Did you ever see black particles in your blower oil?

I have never made the exact measurements that you have made. It sounds like a big differential to me. This it what I would do. Turn laser off. Turn the chiller off. Disconnect the two cooling lines from the backside of the turbo. I believe one is black, the other a yellow color. The two clear ones go to the vacuum pump. THIS IS A MESS. THERE WILL BE WATER EVERYWHERE. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND WATER, NOT GOOD. Please clean everything up before you turn the machine back on.

Stick a compressed air nozzle in one side and put a rag over the other. Once the water stops, if there is any, then check to see if there is good flow through the turbo's cooling chamber. Also check the rag to see if there are any chunks of mineral build up.

I seem to remember checking the bottom of the turbo's temp before. Its that 6mm black anodized plate. I think it was at 28C but not exactly sure.

When the turbo is failing or has failed, you drain the turbo oil, the L / H sight glass oil level indicator will have particles, grit, black chunks, on it. This is not 100% but a good indicator.

A C1500B has a C009 Turbo in it.

FOOSTRAP - LASERNIJA

Hello Friends!
I happened to have the tasks and findings in the cooling system:

1 - The turbo blower is TYPE A04B-0800-C009 Date 07/2005.
2 - Change the oil kit FANUC (A04B-0800K329 # 1 - expiration date 03/2015). The oil had not taken any kind of particles or traces. From color just darker than the original.
3 - We take the turbo outlet hose and found a good flow of water. Returned to connect the turbo outlet hose and saw that this hose is connected in series with the power Absorber (under the shutter). We take the Absorber outlet hose and check that there no water came out.
4 - We take the absorber and inside was clogged with plaque. We clean the entire area of refrigeration, proceeded to assemble again, and checked at the end of the circuit proper water circulation.
5 - We dry everything that got wet in the oscillator, we proceeded to PowerOn
6 - We disconnect the water flow sensor and alarm automatically accuse low-flow chiller. That was found that the flow sensor is correct!
7 - After removing the obstruction verify that the water pressure was at 30PSI, low to 25PSI ... checking the malfunction of the same.
8 - Do not turn on the power to change the pump. Tasks scheduled for next week!

Question.
that the significance of the code C009?

Thanks for the encouragement he gave me to address the problem!

Have a great weekend!

Wow, Excellent work. To be honest, I would not have thought to check further down the water cooing circuit. I am 90% sure you found the problem.

To me, it makes sense that the water pressure is lower now. If you look in side the chiller, close to the pump, there is a "T" handle. This is for adjusting the outlet pressure. When the valve is open, it dumps pressure back to the tank. You may try to adjust this and see if you can boost it up. Other than that, I think 25 psi should work. You will know if it does not. You will get 4063 power supply alarms, or maybe a "chill flow" alarm.

Hello LASER NINJA:

That the significance of the code C009? (Turbo blower)

The key "T" is all closed!. I still doubt the defective pump

Thanks for your help!

Look at the last four digits for the turbo blower "Type" / part number. "C009". There is no significance other than that is what you are working with. It was an answer to Foostrap question.

Have you run the machine yet? Any more alarms?

Have you checked the water filter in your chiller? (big blue canister)

Hello Friends, like a laser no problems now all sorted.

LASER NINJA, the filter is new. Today I bring a new pump for the chiller everything was solved! Thank you!

Maybe the problem i`m having is related to this one. Yesterhad i had a alarm 4063 on my amada alpha 3 laser. Lasergaspr/rf voltage/ the today i got EP alarm on my chiller it meant that the controller display was damaged so i changed it and now the chiller is working. Problem when i turn the key to high voltage there comes smoke out of the gas outlet at the back of the laser next to the gas inlet. can anyone please help what to look for.

Please Help

Regards Jorgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back