Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TurboCAD-AutoCAD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfisher42

Civil/Environmental
Jul 22, 2005
US
Unfortunately I'm forced to work with TurboCAD a few times a week with older drawings at the office. I typically work with AutoCAD, because that is my preference to create new drawings. Having said that, I often need to convert TurboCAD drawings to AutoCAD and I have found numerous ways to do it.

My question is this - When I save a TurboCAD drawing as a (.dwg) the drawing will open and seem fine through AutoCAD, but when I print the drawing in ACAD the linework comes out very fine and somewhat difficult to see on the 11x17, but again it looks perfect in the print preview and on the ACAD window. I have tried to thicken the linework and that does not work. Does anyone have another suggestion or attribute that I might be able to change to remedy this situation?

Thank you in advance for any and all advice,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We can assume that your AutoCAD created drawings print fine, right?

If so, are the line colors in the TurboCAD converted drawings the same as you use in your AutoCAD created ones?

And are you using a Plot Style when you print? If so, is it set to the same as the ACAD created drawings?

Yes, the AutoCAD created drawings print perfectly.
Line colors and attributes in TCAD are the same in ACAD.
Yes, I use a plot style that I religiously go through to print all drawings.

thanks,

Which version of AutoCAD are you using? Scale Lineweights should be an option in the "Plot Scale" section whenever you plot layouts/paperspace; I don't think it has any effect in modelspace and is always grayed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back