Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turbocor Compressors in Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaffatape

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2004
CA
Hi all, i've just joined this forum and am interested in the <b>Turbocor Compressors</b>. I have only heard the reports from various trade shows and other posts, but it sounds like an impressive product. Does anyone on here have any experience with installing or running one of these compressors? Has anyone retrofitted recips or other types of compressors with a turbocor? how do they compare with what they replaced?
Thanks for any info on this topic.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello there,
i take it from you message you left on my thread that you are from melbourne as well, funny enough i am currently doing a project where the client has requested these chillers. we are installing 1 220kW and 2 350kW machines, i am a bit sceptical about how good this really is but only time will tell.

Hi skyhooks,
I heard on the weekend of some guy in Newcastle that was one of the first people to put them in, so has about 2.5years of experience already. apparantly he loves them and is about to get a whole heap more for the rest of his systems. I'll try to get a few more accurate details. They seem to give huge energy savings, and the benefits of being totally oil free are seemingly huge. Turbocor seems to be on a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back