Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turck Sensors ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUMPDESIGNER

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2001
US
As a trial we installed about 30 Turck Sensors.
They were Thermal Dispersion type flow switches.
They were installed in a wide variety of projects so that we could get a feel for them.

Most failed within about 3 months. A few have held in there for about a year, and now those have failed too.

We also installed two other brand thermal dispersion flow switches: 50 Weber sensors and 20 IFM Effector. None of those IFM or Weber sensors failed. All failed Turck sensors were replaced with IFM or Weber and all those failed Turcks were replaced with Weber and none have failed since.

Has anyone had other experiences with Turck Sensors in general even if not the same type of sensor? Good or Bad?

We suspect very wimpy electrical design that cannot live the the real world of transients.

PUMPDESIGNER

PUMPDESIGNER

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

FPLTboss Thank you for your response.
I like your response.
I did complain to perhaps the wrong people,should have gone over their heads, but cannot fault myself too much, how much time do I have? I do that when I can.
Did not put the time in this one because Turck was unwilling to customize the sensor as was the other company that also performed without failure in the trials.

It was a slam dunk, the best one in trials, was also the one that was willing to build custom.

I was hesitant to put this up on the internet, but then I figured what the heck, they were unresponsive, their reps are thick skinned after I lose thousands of dollars with 100% failure rate. How much does it take to get through to them? I may also be guilty of how I judge companies. If I find people at the bottom who are thick skinned, I believe that usually comes from the top down, not just a bad employee. I realize there may be exceptions, but ...?

PUMPDESIGNER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back