Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turn off constraints display when dimensioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi All

I would like to use ampardim to place a new dimension on a profiled sketch without having all the existing constraints display.

I believe in MDT4 there was a system variable AMCOND which you set at 0 to achieve this but it does not apparently apply in MDT6 and I am unable to find any other way.

Thank you in advance,
Aussie John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think you can turn them off. You can however make them much smaller by going into Mechanical Options, Part tab and Constraint Size button.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying Fred Garvin. As it so often happens I tripped over the answer to my posted question after giving up and getting on with something else.

AMCONDSP (0 or 1) to control constraint display coming on when dimensioning a sketch (with ampardim). Note this was not listed in the MDT 4 help index but it works all the same.

Others I noted at the same time:-

AMCONDSPSZ (1 to 19 default is ~5) to set size of displayed constraints. Quicker than from Menu!

AMVER (generally known) and the more extensive lesser known AMVERALL to see your MDT version/build/patches.

Best to all,
Aussie John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back