Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Twido PLC with Ethernet Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaqui

Electrical
Mar 19, 2014
AU
Hi Everyone.

This is my first time in a forum.

Today I received a Twido PLC, specifically the twdlcde40drf. The problem is that I cannot get the computer to figure out that the PLC is actually connected to the PC.

By the way I am using the Ethernet connection in the PLC straight to the PC.

I know it may sound silly but I am just starting to work with a PLC on my own and for me everything is very confusing.

Please help me out on this as I really want to learn. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the PLC comes with a pre-configured default IP address, it should be listed in the manual. You would need to hard code an IP address on your PC to be on the same LAN as the PLC, and then direct connect to it. You will likely need to use a crossover Ethernet cable when direct connecting to the PLC.
If the PLC comes set up for DHCP by default, then you will either need to place the device on a network to pull an address, or wait for it to time out and set a default.
Does the PLC come with a setup software that finds the PLC on the network? If so, then it is probably set up for DHCP and might require being on a network to discover.

When all else fails, red the manual. Then, read it again. It seems the manuals these days are never really clear on these procedures, so reading through them as few times is beneficial.

Assuming you came by the PLS legitimately, the manufacturer should also have applications engineers whose sole purpose is to help customers with this type of problem.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Hi guys,

well I contacted the guys from Scheneider and the gave me the next answer.

"
Thanks for contacting Technical Support. Please download the Twido software reference guide from:->
For Ethernet set-up, refer to page 151 to 159. The help file was written for Twidosoft which is the previous version of Twidosuite. However, the menu are similar. In order to find the preference, please click on the icon on the top/right of your screen with the spanner symbol.
"

Althoug I did everything they said, i can't make it work yet.

HEEEEELLLLLPPPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back