Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Twin 48" HDPE Culvert Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemsonVet

Civil/Environmental
May 12, 2016
US
I have a rail spur on a project that is in Norfolk Southern's jurisdiction and they require HDPE in their black design manual. I don't use HPDE in large diameter often. I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows of a concrete headwall detail for this scenario? I would prefer using a double concrete headwall as attached but how would the HPDE be connected to the headwall Properly? this detail shows CMP or RCP.

thanks in advance.. let me know if this is in the wrong forum section.

D

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cb345f69-edda-4672-ab64-6cd3e9b75f2f&file=sd630-5_0712.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try then look under "Details - Products" about halfway down the page. The first document has a detail for connecting corrugated HDPE pipe to manholes and structures. They also have a watertight boot detail further down, but that's not something I have seen in real life. If you have anything unusual, you could contact ADS directly.

==========
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

I would use a stainless steel band on the inside of the HDPE and drill in 4 inch anchor bolts using a 2-3 inch stainless washer about every 8 inches around the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back