Twin Disc Assembly in Abaqus 6.9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptiEng

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2009
GB
Hello All,

I am looking to run a contact model between two discs in abaqus 6.9. I have modelled the disc in Solidworks 2009.

It is better to create the assembly in Solidworks or abaqus? Is there any way of importing the assembly into abaqus from solidworks other than parasolid (don't have the licence to do this).

Also when I define one of the disc's to be rigid when I import it, I can not create an assembly instance as I get an error message explaining that "a solid rigid part cannot be instanced in an assembly".

Thanks

OptiEng

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes I understand what you mean, I will try that next time.

I have been trying to model a scaled down version of the disc (now 60mm diameter not 600mm as before). However I can not seem to get a stable result and not sure why. I have compared the models to make sure I have not missed anything out. Even with a small load (10N) I seem to be getting very unreasonable results. I have uploaded the new file (along with the previous) at
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

OptiEng

If I think that I haven't changed anything I open up both INP files with a text editor and view differences. Most of the meat is at the bottom since the top is mesh data and has obviously changed.

I checked your new model and you are only constraining rotation on the disc. This is not a physical restraint. It is saying that no node can rotate at all. Your model is simply falling off of the rigid disk.

As I have said before only model half and apply a symmetry constraint on the cut.

I hope this helps.

Rob Stupplebeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back