Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two channels connection - offset surface problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevethb

Specifier/Regulator
Nov 27, 2008
DE
Hi there

I have three channels modeled using swept feature. I want to connect them with a nice looking blend.

Normal Edge Blend doesn`t satisfy me but it works fine when I want to offset the blend surface

Styling Blend from the other hand satisfies me but it doesn`t work when I want to offset the blend surface. Some strange shape is being created. I used Bridge Curves and Curve on Surface to create Styling Blend.

Whats the best way to create such a individual blend which will be able to be offseted ?

Thank you

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ea3a9f45-1c2c-4f1b-a3a3-923ce0e48ed0&file=blend.stp
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. What version of NX are you using?
2. What level of satisfaction are you seeking? Warm and fuzzy? Wishy Washy? No Doubt About It? I don't see those options in any blend command.
3. What blends are already present on the model - are they circular in cross section?

Take #2 with a grain of salt....my way of saying a definitive measureable expectation should probably be defined - "doesn't satisfy me" might not be enough description as to what result "will satisfy you". What isn't satisfactory with the results using an Edge Blend? Is it not pretty enough? Do you want a different tangent hold line defining the blend? Please provide direction so as to limit wasted time as well as limits to the blend and offset values that WILL "satisfy you".

And you're fine with wrinkles in the Styled Blend????

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.2.5 Win7 Enterprise x64 SP1
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz 16GB RAM
4GB NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back