Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two distinct parts on one sheet. Detail views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear9298

Aerospace
Dec 10, 2003
US
thread561-438421 Have two distinct parts on one sheet. The sheet is divide in half with Part 1 on the right and Part 2 on the left. On part 1, I create a Detail-A of a particular feature. And place the Detail-A in the area of part 1. For Part 2, I take a Detail of a feature on it and place it in the area of part 2. Now! NX will only allow you to create Detail-A once, on Part 2 NX labels it Detail-B even though it is a completely different part. I want that Detail to also be "A" because it is a stand alone part. Do I create a fake Balloon and label it "A" or edit annotation and make it "B"? or is there another setting to allow Detail-A more than once? Looking for a good answer from you NX GURU out there. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Each view in a drawing gets a unique letter identification. NX doesn't care that the views are of unique parts; as long as the views are in the same drawing, they will be assigned letters in order. I don't know of any setting to override this behavior. If you must have the same letter for 2 views, you will need to turn off the automatic view label and create your own.

*If you are using a drafting standard that requires (or allows) the views to have the same letter designation in the same drawing, contact your VAR or GTAC to open an incident report (IR). They generally make an effort to support drafting standards in NX.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back