Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two phase piping supports 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

a234f56

Mechanical
Jun 13, 2001
IN
Hi Friends !!

Kindly provide me the basics of supporting a two phase system ?
Is there any special support arrangement for such systems?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

a234f56,
As of this morning you have started 7 threads and none of them have lead to much discussion. There is a reason for that. The people on eng-tips.com are volunteering their time. That time is precious to them. They are only going to put effort into helping someone if that person is asking an interesting question. Your questions could be interesting, but they're not. You've got to put some effort into trying to pique our curiosity. Tell us what you are trying to do. Why does the system have to be multi-phase? Pipe sizes? Fluids? Upstream process? Industry? Saying "Kindly provide ..." is asking for people to give you something without putting any effort into the gift--this seems to be analogous to a street beggar who sets a beggar's cup on the sidewalk and then lays down in the shade and takes a nap vs. one who plays a guitar and makes an effort to entertain. You are napping and not getting many coins.

Other people here look at someone who has started 7 threads and responded to zero threads as someone who is a leach and doesn't deserve help. I won't comment on that. People ask for help for their own reasons and they provide help for their own reasons.

David

You must know the maximum dynamic loads imposed by your two phase flow, which could push a large slug of liquids through the line from time to time, with the associated forces from the fluid mass changing directions or speeding up and slowing down being imposed on the support structure.

We will design everything from now on using only S.I. units ... except for the pipe diameter. Unk. British engineer

zdas04 has put lot's of his personal opinion.

Anyway, for juniors like me,this will be useful to learn tolerance against arrogant technical nomads who is noway useful to others inspite of their boastings!!

One should be free minded in technical and being arrogant and snobby shows you need to learn once again from basics !!

Well a234f56,
Looks like zdas04 has hit a raw nerve with you and your dummy's come out big style and you have thrown all your toys out of the pram.

zdas04 is right in what he is saying and I do not beleive he is an "arogant technical nomad" as you say. You need to ask specific questions about a subject not just "provive me with basics of supporting a two phase system".

a234f56, Please apologize to zdas. He craves involvement to the point that he feels that he can give you an intelligent answer and actually help you, rather than just throw a few words out on the paper like I did to get you to shut up and go away thinking that you learned something.

We will design everything from now on using only S.I. units ... except for the pipe diameter. Unk. British engineer

Thanks guys, I can speak for myself.

A234f56,
"Arrogant technical nomad"? What does that even mean? What I tried to say was "ask a reasonable question and you'll get a reasonable answer". If that is "arrogance" or "being a nomad", then I'm guilty.

If I was working in your company and you walked into my office with
Kindly provide me the basics of supporting a two phase system ?

Is there any special support arrangement for such systems?
I would throw you out and if this was the seventh time you had asked a question without providing any context I'd probably drag you by the ear to your bosses office for a serious discussion of your future.

My intention was to point out to you that the people here are not paid to help you, those that do it have their own reasons for contributing their valuable time. You have to provide a question is a form and format that causes them to want to contribute to your success. Rather than doing that you attack me.

In the past there have been more than a few people who started out like you with terse, cryptic questions who weren't getting any substantive answers until someone decided to explain to them why they weren't getting anything useful here. Several of them have taken that advice to heart, expanded their question and started very useful discussions. Instead you instruct me on the way I have to behave. That is impressive. I need nothing from you. You need something from me so you instruct me that "One should be free minded in technical and being arrogant and snobby shows you need to learn once again from basics !!". I'm not certain what that means, but it doesn't sound nice.

Good luck.

David

Indeed a234f56. zdas is only trying to help you, so accept his advice in a constructive way. We have to appreciate that we have highly professional senior people sacrificing their valuable time -as zdas stated- sharing their experience and helping junior people like us (I consider myself junior also) build better understanding of their work and avoid making wrong decisions.

After reminding you, myself, and others to be humble, my advice to you when stating your questions is: always try to be as concise and specific as possible because we have to respect the people who will read it. Also avoid using vague language if you want to get clear answers.

Good luck in future posts a234f56.

I am sorry guys !

Zdas04..Sorry for my words..It's just an impulsive response from a raw hand..I will try to be more specific in future while asking questions.

Have a nice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back