Two questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
QUESTION 1

Every day when anyone starts up NX, the info window comes up with this message (marked 1 in the image). It is a file we still use but was created a long time ago by someone and as it is a DLL file, we cant open it and change code or anything. Is there a way to get NX to just accept it without giving this warning?

QUESTION 2

When I open a file, it gives me the report (marked as 2 in the image). You can see by the size of the scroll bar (circled) that this seems to list every item loaded. Is there a way to turn this off so we dont get the report when we open a file?

Neither of these problems are big problems. It is a single click to X out of it. Still, if either of these are simple fixes, I would rather do so.

Capture_xbe2nx.png

Thanks

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

Question 1

You can turn this off in Customer Default.

CD_NXopen_Warning_u6gn3t.png

Regards.
Mattias

NX5 -> NX12
Testing NX (1899)
I-deas 12, NX I-deas6.6
Solid Works 2017

I guess the "2" is a setting "display update report" ?
It's a customer default : Assemblies - General - Miscellaneous -Display Update report.

One can do the same report manually : Menu- Information - Assemblies - Update Report

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Hey Tomas

I dont find that particular setting. I did find a "Populate Simplify Assembly Dialog" setting.

When I unchecked that, it did not give that full report, but it did still open a blank info window. Which seems silly to me. So either way I have to close the window. Not a big deal. Just curious if there was a way to eliminate that from opening at all when I load a file.

Thanks

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

This is the Customer Default Toost motioned.
Picture from NX2000

cd_assembly_report_tm291j.png

/Mattias

NX5 -> NX2007
I-deas 12, NX I-deas6.6
Solid Works 2021

You know what? My eyes passed right over it because it is all greyed out. Must be something the Admin has locked out. Thanks to both of you for the help. :)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back