TXT File to Ansys Workbench 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTMW

Mechanical
Dec 21, 2011
US
Just joined and first post in ENG-TIPS!

I was wondering if it is possible to enter a TXT file of some sort (DAT,TXT,MOD, etc.) into ANSYS Workbench 13, similar to "Read Input From..." feature in ANSYS Mechanical. My goal being to have the text file create a model, put constraints on it,mesh it, run a solution, and do the post processing that I write into the file.

Thanks for any advice!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i'm an doing a research on shot peening using ANSYS.. I have never previously used ANSYS, so i was wandering how to do this process using ANSYS. seeing that you seem to know how to operate ANSYS, i hope you could help me. I'm very new to ANSYS so step by step instructions will be best..please help..thank you

need more info...

yes and no? depends?

Workbench is designed as a front end for Mechanical APDL, so what you are asking to do is kinda backwards from it's intention.

You can setup a partial model in Workbench, export it's APDL code and then modify it.

It's also possible you could use command snippets...

Pretty much you can use just Mechanical APDL to do what you are asking.

Let me retract part of the statement. How do I input a model that is a MOD file into Workbench?

Say I have MOD file that has a shaft with bearings, disks, mass, and all the constraints. Can I read that into a command file in Workbench somewhere that will build the model?

Hope that was a little more clear. Thanks again!

what is the format, syntax, code, etc. of the MOD file?
where did this file come from?

what I want to know is if the file contents are able to translate to APDL?

JTMW,
Workbench is acting different than ANSYS GUI, If I get you right only way to read your model could be FE-Modeller - a FEA translation tool which is part of Workbench platform.

But really I dont see the reason why translate model to Workbench when it is made in ANSYS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back