Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tying mechanized assemblies together 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjzion

Agricultural
May 26, 2005
US
A collegue of mine has been using mechanized assemblies to model various parts of a piece of equipment (chassis / electical / hydraulic). After assembling each of these assemblies together, the underlying mechanized "skeleton" does not move the assemlies together ie: the chassis will move, but not the elect or hyd. How can this be fixed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use many mechanism assemblies together and have doubnd the best way to tie them togehter is with the "weld" connection. Typically, there is one weld (ASC0 sub to ACS0 top) to place the subasssembly to the top and then perhaps many more tying together the other mechanized elements in one subassebly to another. It works great. I hope this explanantion helps. I tis not quite clear what your particular problem is.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

It is also possible that you have mistakenly assembled a free moving body in a mechanism assembly to its ground, which locks motion in Pro/E.

For example, if you are assembling a hydraulic cylinder to a plate, you could use regular assembly constraints to place the cylinder. However, you need to make sure that your "Component References" do not reference any moving part(s). If you do this, Pro/E will consider these two components to be part of the same body, and thus they will not be able to move.

The correct thing to do in this case would be to create all of the constraints between the assembly and the ground body on the component (i.e. the cylinder body).

Hope it made sense. All we had was decaf this morning, so forgive me if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back